This Minute at Runco
Planar announced at InfoComm that it is adding multi-touch, multi-user capabilities to its breakthrough Planar® UltraRes™ Series 4K LCD display product line.
The addition of touch technology to the Planar UltraRes Series line of 4K displays expands Planar Systems’ leadership in the ultra-high definition category by combining a multi-touch experience with stunning 4K image clarity. It offers a best-in-class solution for professionals who seek to collaborate or annotate using a large viewing area, the highest image resolution and enterprise-level features. It is also ideal for public display applications such as way-finding, product catalogs and any interactive digital signage designed to promote customer engagement.
Already, Planar Systems offers the most comprehensive line of professional touch displays in the industry ranging from15-inch diagonal desktop, point of sale and kiosk displays all the way up to 300-inch diagonal multi-touch video wall displays. The Planar UltraRes Touch extends this offering further by providing a large-size multi-touch solution with unparalleled pixel density in Planar’s ultra HD (3840x2160) resolution display line.
“Touch integration has been the number one customer request since we introduced the Planar UltraRes Series of 84-inch ultra HD displays,” said Steve Seminario, senior director of product marketing for Planar Systems. “By utilizing Planar’s exclusive ERO™ protective glass surface and proven multi-touch technology, we’re happy to respond with a world-class implementation that is Planar-built and Planar-supported.”
A Multi-Touch Experience with Four Times the Resolution
Planar UltraRes Touch offers the following benefits:
- A multi-touch, multi-user experience: Planar UltraRes Touch offers six simultaneous touch points, making it easy for multiple users to collaborate and interact at the same time. The display recognizes the full range of common touch gestures including tapping, scrolling, pinching and rotating. The large 84” size lends itself to multiple users.
- 4K accuracy: With a native 4K resolution of 3840x2160, Planar UltraRes Touch provides four times the resolution of a full HD display for amazing clarity. Touch brings viewers closer to the display and Planar UltraRes Touch delivers razor sharp clarity even at these close viewing distances.
- Landscape and portrait orientations: Planar UltraRes Touch supports both landscape and portrait orientations, providing the flexibility needed for a wide range of applications, all at a display size which mimics the human scale.
- High reliability: Planar builds touch displays at the factory and stands behind the product with Planar warranties. Planar UltraRes Touch comes standard with fail-over power supplies, a quiet, fanless design and a unique service access mode enabled by the Planar Profile™ Mounting System. The result is a highly dependable product with the level of support customers need.
- Advanced design and function: Planar UltraRes Touch provides a sleek design for both function and style. It has an attractive, logo-free metal bezel and a wide range of digital connectivity options. Using the Planar Profile mount, it installs less than 4 inches from the wall, making it compliant with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
Designed for a Wide Range of Touch Applications
The Planar UltraRes Touch is available in three versions designed to suit the range of leading touch applications:
- Planar UltraRes Touch LX offers six simultaneous touch points and 350-nit brightness, making it ideal for meeting rooms and control rooms for whiteboard, collaboration, video conferencing and presentation applications.
- Planar UltraRes Touch MX provides six simultaneous touch points, 500-nit brightness, and both landscape and portrait modes, the ideal version for public venue and higher ambient light environments for branding, advertising and interactive digital signage applications.
- Planar UltraRes Touch 3D includes six simultaneous touch points, 420-nit brightness, and flawless 2D and 3D viewing. It’s the ideal model for customers who work with 3D and 2D visual information for big data analysis, simulation and a range of uses in the design industry.
Planar UltraRes Touch is available immediately through Planar’s global network of authorized resellers. Please visit Booth #3143 at InfoComm 2013 to learn more about the Planar UltraRes Touch and see a demo. Visit the Planar UltrarRes Series page for additional information.
- Trackback Link
- Post has no trackbacks.
Photo by Getty Images
The funeral was attended by family, friends, and fans. The blogosphere and Twitterscape is still aglow with fond remembrances as we all say good-bye to the ultimate lover of movies and friend of Runco, Robert Ebert.
No one can argue that he was the nation’s most influential film critic, who worked across media, from newspaper to television to book publishing to social media, to define a profession. He aptly showed how early adoption of technology can keep a public figure relevant across the decades. He’s the only film critic with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. At his funeral, the mayor of Chicago joked that “Roger spent a lot of time sitting through bad movies, so we didn’t have to.” He inspired his fans by bravely and publicly facing down cancer, eventually losing his ability to speak, though not his ability to communicate. In the end, the villain won, but like the fallen heroes in epic films, the legacy continues.
On April 2, just days before his death, he posted an open letter on his blog claiming for himself a much deserved “leave of presence.” To slow down from his prolific writing production (resulting in 306 movie reviews last year alone across 200 newspapers) to do what he could have only fantasized about in his lifetime as a film critic: “seeing only the movies I want to review.”
So, in homage to a gifted and generous movie lover, here is a link to what Roger Ebert called the “Great Movies.” These 300 films shaped public opinion, pushed the boundaries of cinema technology and art, and, Roger believed, were worthy stories, well told. Perhaps some of these will spark your interest. Perhaps you’ll add your own thumbs up to that of Roger Ebert.
And Roger, we’ll see you at the movies.
- Trackback Link
- Post has no trackbacks.
What do you get when you combine a visionary client, a leader in home theater design, the latest home cinema technology, and an army of craftsman and artists? Well, we are about to find out as we watch the progress on an amazing home theater installation going on now on the Peloponnese peninsula in Greece. Theo Kalomirakis, is largely credited for creating the home theater, and his work on this project illustrates why he has garnered respect from the AV industry, design community, and clients alike.
The theater is inspired by the Basicilia of Hagia Sophia in Istanbul, an imposing edifice demonstrating engineering sophistication beyond its day. The scaled down design includes marble columns, hand-carved marble capitals, hand-painted frescos by Inga Belozerova and Louis Triverio. The general contractor, Teknamat, and the AV integrator, Yiannis Roubessis of Home & Yachts Private Theaters, is working alongside these artists and craftspeople to deliver an impressive cinema experience, featuring a Runco Signature Cinema™ SC-50d projector.
The entire project has been several years in the making and you can track the final progress of the theater at Theo’s blog.
- Trackback Link
- Post has no trackbacks.
- NetFlix 4K Content for Planar UltraRes Series
- Finding 4K: Finding 4k Reference Content for the Planar UltraRes and Clarity Matrix LCD Video Walls
- Finding 4K
- Runco Xtreme Projection X200i Wows Visitors at CEDIA 2013
- Planar Provides Code for Easy Integration in a Savant Automation System
- LS12HBd Earns TOP PICK from Sound and Vision at CEDIA 2013
- Top Ten Workplace Movies
- I See You
- Game-Changing Live Action Cinematography
- What to Watch Opening Night
Explore the Magic of Runco
News & Events
17-Sep-2013 - Runco’s best-selling LightStyle™ Series taken to new heights of brightness and scale, offering an affordable big screen video experience in virtually any room of th..... more ▶
06-Sep-2012 - This exciting new lineup boasts high-performing video performance coupled with installation flexibility and 3D capabilities at an exceptional value. Indianapolis, IN &ndas..... more ▶