This Minute at Runco
May 10, 2011
I was reading a post from a favorite blogger of mine recently who referenced an interview with furniture designer, George Nakashima. He lamented that “it requires a genuine fight to product one well-designed object of relatively permanent value.” This is so true.
At Runco we take pride in our craftsmanship, even if that means that things take a bit longer to deliver than big-box commodity equivalents (something George called “the flood of consumer goods” in 1962). It takes a genuine fight to defend the simplicity, the quality, and the uncommon performance of great design.
George’s designs are very organic, reusing bits of wood to create profiles inspired by nature. We use materials like metal, glass, and, of course, elegant designs of our circuit boards and software to create well-designed objects that have distinct value. While electronics aren’t permanent, due to evolving standards and innovations over time, a Runco product does reflect the passion of our clients and customers for the fight for excellence.
- Trackback Link
- Post has no trackbacks.
- Planar Mosaic Video Wall Creates a Dynamic Platform for High-End Apartments
- No Dedicated Theater Room? No Problem with a Flex Theater
- Planar and Design Week Portland
- Planar EP-Series 4K Wins 2014 Technology Integrator EXC!TE Award
- When is 4K Coming?
- Planar Accelerates Adoption of Ultra HD with New 4K Displays
- Planar UltraRes 3D Now Supports 3D content from Bluray Players
- AMX, Savant and Crestron Modules Available for Clarity Matrix LCD Video Wall and Planar UltraRes Series
- Planar Announces Next Generation Clarity Matrix LCD Video Wall System
- NetFlix 4K Content for Planar UltraRes Series
Explore the Magic of Runco
News & Events
03-Sep-2014 - The Planar® EP-Series™ line of 4K displays was announced as a 2014 EXC!TE Award Winner by Technology Integrator magazine, formerly CustomRetailer. Each year Technolog..... more ▶
26-Jun-2014 - Planar UltraRes Series and Clarity Matrix LCD Video Wall System Recognized by Systems Contractor News and Digital Signage Magazine At InfoComm 2014, two of Planar's k..... more ▶