This Minute at Runco
Planar announced at InfoComm that it is adding multi-touch, multi-user capabilities to its breakthrough Planar® UltraRes™ Series 4K LCD display product line.
The addition of touch technology to the Planar UltraRes Series line of 4K displays expands Planar Systems’ leadership in the ultra-high definition category by combining a multi-touch experience with stunning 4K image clarity. It offers a best-in-class solution for professionals who seek to collaborate or annotate using a large viewing area, the highest image resolution and enterprise-level features. It is also ideal for public display applications such as way-finding, product catalogs and any interactive digital signage designed to promote customer engagement.
Already, Planar Systems offers the most comprehensive line of professional touch displays in the industry ranging from15-inch diagonal desktop, point of sale and kiosk displays all the way up to 300-inch diagonal multi-touch video wall displays. The Planar UltraRes Touch extends this offering further by providing a large-size multi-touch solution with unparalleled pixel density in Planar’s ultra HD (3840x2160) resolution display line.
“Touch integration has been the number one customer request since we introduced the Planar UltraRes Series of 84-inch ultra HD displays,” said Steve Seminario, senior director of product marketing for Planar Systems. “By utilizing Planar’s exclusive ERO™ protective glass surface and proven multi-touch technology, we’re happy to respond with a world-class implementation that is Planar-built and Planar-supported.”
A Multi-Touch Experience with Four Times the Resolution
Planar UltraRes Touch offers the following benefits:
- A multi-touch, multi-user experience: Planar UltraRes Touch offers six simultaneous touch points, making it easy for multiple users to collaborate and interact at the same time. The display recognizes the full range of common touch gestures including tapping, scrolling, pinching and rotating. The large 84” size lends itself to multiple users.
- 4K accuracy: With a native 4K resolution of 3840x2160, Planar UltraRes Touch provides four times the resolution of a full HD display for amazing clarity. Touch brings viewers closer to the display and Planar UltraRes Touch delivers razor sharp clarity even at these close viewing distances.
- Landscape and portrait orientations: Planar UltraRes Touch supports both landscape and portrait orientations, providing the flexibility needed for a wide range of applications, all at a display size which mimics the human scale.
- High reliability: Planar builds touch displays at the factory and stands behind the product with Planar warranties. Planar UltraRes Touch comes standard with fail-over power supplies, a quiet, fanless design and a unique service access mode enabled by the Planar Profile™ Mounting System. The result is a highly dependable product with the level of support customers need.
- Advanced design and function: Planar UltraRes Touch provides a sleek design for both function and style. It has an attractive, logo-free metal bezel and a wide range of digital connectivity options. Using the Planar Profile mount, it installs less than 4 inches from the wall, making it compliant with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
Designed for a Wide Range of Touch Applications
The Planar UltraRes Touch is available in three versions designed to suit the range of leading touch applications:
- Planar UltraRes Touch LX offers six simultaneous touch points and 350-nit brightness, making it ideal for meeting rooms and control rooms for whiteboard, collaboration, video conferencing and presentation applications.
- Planar UltraRes Touch MX provides six simultaneous touch points, 500-nit brightness, and both landscape and portrait modes, the ideal version for public venue and higher ambient light environments for branding, advertising and interactive digital signage applications.
- Planar UltraRes Touch 3D includes six simultaneous touch points, 420-nit brightness, and flawless 2D and 3D viewing. It’s the ideal model for customers who work with 3D and 2D visual information for big data analysis, simulation and a range of uses in the design industry.
Planar UltraRes Touch is available immediately through Planar’s global network of authorized resellers. Please visit Booth #3143 at InfoComm 2013 to learn more about the Planar UltraRes Touch and see a demo. Visit the Planar UltrarRes Series page for additional information.
- Trackback Link
- Post has no trackbacks.
Planar’s new Ultra HD resolution displays are uniquely designed to help professionals across industries reap value from high-resolution information
Today, at the Digital Signage Expo 2013 in Las Vegas, Planar Systems, Inc., a global leader in digital display technology, unveiled the breakthrough 84-inch Planar® UltraRes™ display product line, designed for ultra-high resolution commercial applications.
The new Planar UltraRes 4K displays provide native ultra–high definition resolution (3840 x 2160), outstanding image quality and a range of configurations. Planar UltraRes displays are ideal for professionals in a wide variety of commercial industries who require a large viewing area, very high pixel density and enterprise-level features that allow teams to collaborate around more immersive and detailed visual information.
“In commercial, academic and government settings there is a large and growing volume of ultra-high definition computer and video visual information—along with people making critical decisions based on that information,” said Steve Seminario, senior director of product marketing for Planar Systems. “With Planar UltraRes, we’re pleased to be leading the way for what we expect to be wide adoption of 4K resolution displays in these professional settings.”
Making the Most of High-Resolution Information
Planar UltraRes 84-inch displays are designed for applications including energy, geospatial, engineering and design, architecture, aerospace, control room, collaborative conference room, medical imaging, science, and digital signage, among others. Whether it’s making a multi-million dollar energy exploration decision, quickly rerouting electricity to prevent an outage or producing stunning close-up video for a retail store, Planar UltraRes 4K displays help businesses get the most impact from their high resolution information.
“Our pioneering efforts in video wall technology have resulted in Planar being seen as one of the world’s foremost authorities on 4K,” said Jennifer Davis, vice president of marketing for Planar Systems. “For decades Planar has used ultra high definition content and has been a driving force in display resolutions, going back to our introduction of the industry’s first 16:9 HD resolution rear-projection video wall displays. The exciting Planar UltraRes product line is a natural extension of our leadership in commercial markets and our expertise in resolutions beyond HD.”
Planar UltraRes ultra HD displays offer the following benefits:
- Four times the pixel density: Planar UltraRes 4K displays offer four times the resolution of a full HD display. With a native resolution of 3840 x 2160, Planar UltraRes displays make it possible to view the most granular information with stunningly sharp focus.
- Advanced image quality: Planar UltraRes displays feature latest-generation LED-lit LCD technology, selectable dynamic contrast and local dimming for enhanced contrast. Planar UltraRes displays also support a full 60Hz refresh rate and10-bit color for an exceedingly life-like video experience.
- Advanced industrial design: Planar UltraRes displays provide a sleek design for both function and style. The displays have a slim metal bezel, wide range of digital connectivity options and incorporate failover power supply for 24x7 environments.
- Innovative mounting system: The Planar Profile™ Mounting System allows for an extremely slim profile when wall-mounted (about three inches) and provides a front service access mode. The Planar Profile™ Tiling Kit allows for optimized horizontal tiling of multiple Planar UltraRes displays and the industry’s narrowest image-to-image gap for large format 4K displays.
- Breakthrough energy efficiency: Planar UltraRes displays come with an advanced energy-efficient design that utilizes edge-lit LED technology and passive cooling. The displays can automatically switch to standby mode when no source is detected and consume less than 0.5 watt of standby power. Planar UltraRes displays include no lead or mercury and are fanless and absolutely quiet.
- Modular for easy repair: Planar UltraRes displays have lockable, front service access, providing ease of service without removing the display from the wall.
Satisfying a Wide Range of Commercial Needs
Planar UltraRes displays come in three base models to suit a variety of commercial requirements:
- UR8450-LX: 2D landscape display ideal for conference and control rooms.
- UR8450-MX: 2D landscape and portrait, higher brightness model designed for digital signage and other higher ambient light environments.
- UR8450-3D: 2D and 3D landscape support, ideal for decision rooms where both 2D and 3D images and video are viewed.
Planar UltraRes 4K displays will be available through Planar’s global network of authorized resellers and will begin shipping in the second calendar quarter of 2013. Visit Booth #407 at the Digital Signage Expo 2013 to learn more about Planar UltraRes and to see a demonstration. Additional information is available at www.planar.com.
- Trackback Link
- Post has no trackbacks.
- Planar Display Screens Connect to Form a Big Seamless Image
- Top Ten Halloween Movies
- Planar Mosaic is Centerpiece of New Zealand's First Living Building
- Planar Mosaic Video Wall Creates a Dynamic Platform for High-End Apartments
- No Dedicated Theater Room? No Problem with a Flex Theater
- Planar and Design Week Portland
- Planar EP-Series 4K Wins 2014 Technology Integrator EXC!TE Award
- When is 4K Coming?
- Planar Accelerates Adoption of Ultra HD with New 4K Displays
- Planar UltraRes 3D Now Supports 3D content from Bluray Players
Explore the Magic of Runco
News & Events
21-Oct-2014 - New 3.7mm bezel models make award-winning Clarity Matrix the most comprehensive line of video wall displays in the market Planar announced two new ultra-narrow bezel LCD ..... more ▶
03-Sep-2014 - The Planar® EP-Series™ line of 4K displays was announced as a 2014 EXC!TE Award Winner by Technology Integrator magazine, formerly CustomRetailer. Each year Technolog..... more ▶