This Minute at Runco
At InfoComm 2013, Planar unveiled the Planar® PS5580, a narrow bezel LCD video wall display aimed at the growing number of budget-conscious customers who want to create high-impact video walls.
ThePlanar PS5580 is a 55” ultra-slim, narrow bezel LCD display designed with advanced video wall capabilities, commercial-grade features and LED backlight technology, delivering a simplified video wall solution with a sleek profile and low power consumption. The LCD video wall displays can be tiled together to create a large, visually stunning video wall intended for a wide variety of digital signage applications including retail stores, hospitality, universities, sports bars, corporate lobbies, conference rooms and exhibits.
“The Planar PS5580 breaks down barriers to video wall adoption by providing a reliable, high-performance solution at an affordable price,” said Steve Seminario, senior director of product marketing for Planar Systems. “We have seen growing demand for a straight-forward and affordable video wall solution. The Planar PS5580 delivers that while providing extremely low power consumption and an ultra thin profile. Whether customers are using a single display or tiling 100 together to create a large video wall, the Planar PS5580 packs a lot of value into a simple package.”
Over the past few years, the market for video walls has exploded as technology has advanced and more customers have discovered their immersive impact on viewers. “The market for LCD super narrow bezel displays has seen extraordinary growth since entering the market in 2009, experiencing great success within video wall applications,” said Parmjit Bhangal, market analyst at Futuresource Consulting. “The 5 to 10mm bezel category had a particularly strong 2012, and this success continued into 2013 as the category grew 21.8 percent quarter-on-quarter in the first quarter.”
Planar PS5580 features include:
- 55” very narrow bezel LCD display
- Full high-definition 1920 x 1080 resolution
- 400 nit brightness
- Edge-lit LED backlight for low power consumption (130 watts) and ultra-slim depth
- Built-in video wall scaling up to a 10x10 array
- Flexible connectivity (including DVI, HDMI, Display Port 1.1, VGA)
- All metal enclosure for durability
- VESA mount compatible
- Optional mounting system optimized for tiling and slim mounting depth compliant with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Planar’s Customer First™ three-year warranty and support that includes 24x7 technical support, advanced replacement, second-day shipment to customers, and free replacement shipping
The Planar PS5580 complements Planar’s award-winning LCD video wall solutions, which together provide the most comprehensive line-up of LCD video wall displays in the industry. The Planar PS5580 monitor is the latest addition to the Planar PS-Series, a line of large format LCD display monitors designed to deliver superior commercial performance and affordability for digital signage applications.
The Planar PS5580 display will be available through Planar’s global network of authorized resellers and will begin shipping in the third calendar quarter of 2013. Visit the PS5580 product page for additional information.
- Trackback Link
- Post has no trackbacks.
- NetFlix 4K Content for Planar UltraRes Series
- Finding 4K: Finding 4k Reference Content for the Planar UltraRes and Clarity Matrix LCD Video Walls
- Finding 4K
- Runco Xtreme Projection X200i Wows Visitors at CEDIA 2013
- Planar Provides Code for Easy Integration in a Savant Automation System
- LS12HBd Earns TOP PICK from Sound and Vision at CEDIA 2013
- Top Ten Workplace Movies
- I See You
- Game-Changing Live Action Cinematography
- What to Watch Opening Night
Explore the Magic of Runco
News & Events
17-Sep-2013 - Runco’s best-selling LightStyle™ Series taken to new heights of brightness and scale, offering an affordable big screen video experience in virtually any room of th..... more ▶
06-Sep-2012 - This exciting new lineup boasts high-performing video performance coupled with installation flexibility and 3D capabilities at an exceptional value. Indianapolis, IN &ndas..... more ▶