This Minute at Runco
By Jennifer Davis
In response to the blog post by by Chris Chinnock of Insight Media via rAVepubs.com, on: "Slippery Slope of 3D Brightness"
Thanks, Chris, for bringing this matter to light (no pun intended). Perceived brightness is a complicated calculation. This is one of the main reasons why Runco products, for example, have always been specified in what we call CSMS, as a measure of foot-Lamberts off the screen rather than lumens out of the projection lens. Further complicating things is 3D. We have found that it isn’t just brightness loss that is the problem in theater design, but rather the variance between the 2D and 3D modes in the same theater set-up (which of course affects everything from screen size and material to viewing distances). We have found that getting the 2D and 3D modes to be within 20% or so of each other makes a huge difference in overall owner satisfaction because most don’t watch 3D 100% of the time and want the flexibility. This principle played heavily into our design of the Runco 3Dimension D-73d projector.
- Trackback Link
- Post has no trackbacks.
- Planar Mosaic Video Wall Creates a Dynamic Platform for High-End Apartments
- No Dedicated Theater Room? No Problem with a Flex Theater
- Planar and Design Week Portland
- Planar EP-Series 4K Wins 2014 Technology Integrator EXC!TE Award
- When is 4K Coming?
- Planar Accelerates Adoption of Ultra HD with New 4K Displays
- Planar UltraRes 3D Now Supports 3D content from Bluray Players
- AMX, Savant and Crestron Modules Available for Clarity Matrix LCD Video Wall and Planar UltraRes Series
- Planar Announces Next Generation Clarity Matrix LCD Video Wall System
- NetFlix 4K Content for Planar UltraRes Series
Explore the Magic of Runco
News & Events
03-Sep-2014 - The Planar® EP-Series™ line of 4K displays was announced as a 2014 EXC!TE Award Winner by Technology Integrator magazine, formerly CustomRetailer. Each year Technolog..... more ▶
26-Jun-2014 - Planar UltraRes Series and Clarity Matrix LCD Video Wall System Recognized by Systems Contractor News and Digital Signage Magazine At InfoComm 2014, two of Planar's k..... more ▶