This Minute at Runco
By Jennifer Davis
In response to the blog post by by Chris Chinnock of Insight Media via rAVepubs.com, on: "Slippery Slope of 3D Brightness"
Thanks, Chris, for bringing this matter to light (no pun intended). Perceived brightness is a complicated calculation. This is one of the main reasons why Runco products, for example, have always been specified in what we call CSMS, as a measure of foot-Lamberts off the screen rather than lumens out of the projection lens. Further complicating things is 3D. We have found that it isn’t just brightness loss that is the problem in theater design, but rather the variance between the 2D and 3D modes in the same theater set-up (which of course affects everything from screen size and material to viewing distances). We have found that getting the 2D and 3D modes to be within 20% or so of each other makes a huge difference in overall owner satisfaction because most don’t watch 3D 100% of the time and want the flexibility. This principle played heavily into our design of the Runco 3Dimension D-73d projector.
- Trackback Link
- Post has no trackbacks.
- Planar Announces Next Generation Clarity Matrix LCD Video Wall System
- NetFlix 4K Content for Planar UltraRes Series
- Finding 4K: Finding 4k Reference Content for the Planar UltraRes and Clarity Matrix LCD Video Walls
- Finding 4K
- Runco Xtreme Projection X200i Wows Visitors at CEDIA 2013
- Planar Provides Code for Easy Integration in a Savant Automation System
- LS12HBd Earns TOP PICK from Sound and Vision at CEDIA 2013
- Top Ten Workplace Movies
- I See You
- Game-Changing Live Action Cinematography
Explore the Magic of Runco
News & Events
17-Sep-2013 - Runco’s best-selling LightStyle™ Series taken to new heights of brightness and scale, offering an affordable big screen video experience in virtually any room of th..... more ▶
06-Sep-2012 - This exciting new lineup boasts high-performing video performance coupled with installation flexibility and 3D capabilities at an exceptional value. Indianapolis, IN &ndas..... more ▶