This Minute at Runco
The difference between full HD (1080p) and Ultra HD (3840 x 2160) is dramatic. When viewed from a distance or up close, you can see the difference.
Like a tsunami, we expect Ultra HD content to swell dramatically in the later half of this year. 35 mm celluloid are being converted into 4k masters. 4k (or 6k or 8k) cameras are proliferating and video artists are experimenting to create amazing commercial content. Plus, the PC graphics cards are getting more affordable, meaning running a desktop across a 4k display, showing digital photography, or running applications in Ultra HD is here today. Add to this the announcements around true 4k at 60 Hz media players for prices less than $500 and the world of possibilities is opening up fast!
Experiencing the immersion of pixel-free viewing is now possible on your desktop with Planar’s IX-Series or on the wall with Planar UltraRes, Planar EP 4k, and the full range of video wall technologies available from Planar.
- Trackback Link
- Post has no trackbacks.
- When is 4K Coming?
- Planar Accelerates Adoption of Ultra HD with New 4K Displays
- Planar UltraRes 3D Now Supports 3D content from Bluray Players
- AMX, Savant and Crestron Modules Available for Clarity Matrix LCD Video Wall and Planar UltraRes Series
- Planar Announces Next Generation Clarity Matrix LCD Video Wall System
- NetFlix 4K Content for Planar UltraRes Series
- Finding 4K: Finding 4k Reference Content for the Planar UltraRes and Clarity Matrix LCD Video Walls
- Finding 4K
- Runco Xtreme Projection X200i Wows Visitors at CEDIA 2013
- Planar Provides Code for Easy Integration in a Savant Automation System
Explore the Magic of Runco
News & Events
26-Jun-2014 - Planar UltraRes Series and Clarity Matrix LCD Video Wall System Recognized by Systems Contractor News and Digital Signage Magazine At InfoComm 2014, two of Planar's k..... more ▶
24-Jun-2014 - The leader in 4K displays for commercial applications showcased new ultra HD displays ranging in size from 28” to 98”at InfoComm 2014 At InfoComm 2014, Pl..... more ▶