This Minute at Runco
At InfoComm 2013, Planar unveiled the Planar® PS5580, a narrow bezel LCD video wall display aimed at the growing number of budget-conscious customers who want to create high-impact video walls.
ThePlanar PS5580 is a 55” ultra-slim, narrow bezel LCD display designed with advanced video wall capabilities, commercial-grade features and LED backlight technology, delivering a simplified video wall solution with a sleek profile and low power consumption. The LCD video wall displays can be tiled together to create a large, visually stunning video wall intended for a wide variety of digital signage applications including retail stores, hospitality, universities, sports bars, corporate lobbies, conference rooms and exhibits.
“The Planar PS5580 breaks down barriers to video wall adoption by providing a reliable, high-performance solution at an affordable price,” said Steve Seminario, senior director of product marketing for Planar Systems. “We have seen growing demand for a straight-forward and affordable video wall solution. The Planar PS5580 delivers that while providing extremely low power consumption and an ultra thin profile. Whether customers are using a single display or tiling 100 together to create a large video wall, the Planar PS5580 packs a lot of value into a simple package.”
Over the past few years, the market for video walls has exploded as technology has advanced and more customers have discovered their immersive impact on viewers. “The market for LCD super narrow bezel displays has seen extraordinary growth since entering the market in 2009, experiencing great success within video wall applications,” said Parmjit Bhangal, market analyst at Futuresource Consulting. “The 5 to 10mm bezel category had a particularly strong 2012, and this success continued into 2013 as the category grew 21.8 percent quarter-on-quarter in the first quarter.”
Planar PS5580 features include:
- 55” very narrow bezel LCD display
- Full high-definition 1920 x 1080 resolution
- 400 nit brightness
- Edge-lit LED backlight for low power consumption (130 watts) and ultra-slim depth
- Built-in video wall scaling up to a 10x10 array
- Flexible connectivity (including DVI, HDMI, Display Port 1.1, VGA)
- All metal enclosure for durability
- VESA mount compatible
- Optional mounting system optimized for tiling and slim mounting depth compliant with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Planar’s Customer First™ three-year warranty and support that includes 24x7 technical support, advanced replacement, second-day shipment to customers, and free replacement shipping
The Planar PS5580 complements Planar’s award-winning LCD video wall solutions, which together provide the most comprehensive line-up of LCD video wall displays in the industry. The Planar PS5580 monitor is the latest addition to the Planar PS-Series, a line of large format LCD display monitors designed to deliver superior commercial performance and affordability for digital signage applications.
The Planar PS5580 display will be available through Planar’s global network of authorized resellers and will begin shipping in the third calendar quarter of 2013. Visit the PS5580 product page for additional information.
- Trackback Link
- Post has no trackbacks.
Planar announced at InfoComm that it is adding multi-touch, multi-user capabilities to its breakthrough Planar® UltraRes™ Series 4K LCD display product line.
The addition of touch technology to the Planar UltraRes Series line of 4K displays expands Planar Systems’ leadership in the ultra-high definition category by combining a multi-touch experience with stunning 4K image clarity. It offers a best-in-class solution for professionals who seek to collaborate or annotate using a large viewing area, the highest image resolution and enterprise-level features. It is also ideal for public display applications such as way-finding, product catalogs and any interactive digital signage designed to promote customer engagement.
Already, Planar Systems offers the most comprehensive line of professional touch displays in the industry ranging from15-inch diagonal desktop, point of sale and kiosk displays all the way up to 300-inch diagonal multi-touch video wall displays. The Planar UltraRes Touch extends this offering further by providing a large-size multi-touch solution with unparalleled pixel density in Planar’s ultra HD (3840x2160) resolution display line.
“Touch integration has been the number one customer request since we introduced the Planar UltraRes Series of 84-inch ultra HD displays,” said Steve Seminario, senior director of product marketing for Planar Systems. “By utilizing Planar’s exclusive ERO™ protective glass surface and proven multi-touch technology, we’re happy to respond with a world-class implementation that is Planar-built and Planar-supported.”
A Multi-Touch Experience with Four Times the Resolution
Planar UltraRes Touch offers the following benefits:
- A multi-touch, multi-user experience: Planar UltraRes Touch offers six simultaneous touch points, making it easy for multiple users to collaborate and interact at the same time. The display recognizes the full range of common touch gestures including tapping, scrolling, pinching and rotating. The large 84” size lends itself to multiple users.
- 4K accuracy: With a native 4K resolution of 3840x2160, Planar UltraRes Touch provides four times the resolution of a full HD display for amazing clarity. Touch brings viewers closer to the display and Planar UltraRes Touch delivers razor sharp clarity even at these close viewing distances.
- Landscape and portrait orientations: Planar UltraRes Touch supports both landscape and portrait orientations, providing the flexibility needed for a wide range of applications, all at a display size which mimics the human scale.
- High reliability: Planar builds touch displays at the factory and stands behind the product with Planar warranties. Planar UltraRes Touch comes standard with fail-over power supplies, a quiet, fanless design and a unique service access mode enabled by the Planar Profile™ Mounting System. The result is a highly dependable product with the level of support customers need.
- Advanced design and function: Planar UltraRes Touch provides a sleek design for both function and style. It has an attractive, logo-free metal bezel and a wide range of digital connectivity options. Using the Planar Profile mount, it installs less than 4 inches from the wall, making it compliant with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
Designed for a Wide Range of Touch Applications
The Planar UltraRes Touch is available in three versions designed to suit the range of leading touch applications:
- Planar UltraRes Touch LX offers six simultaneous touch points and 350-nit brightness, making it ideal for meeting rooms and control rooms for whiteboard, collaboration, video conferencing and presentation applications.
- Planar UltraRes Touch MX provides six simultaneous touch points, 500-nit brightness, and both landscape and portrait modes, the ideal version for public venue and higher ambient light environments for branding, advertising and interactive digital signage applications.
- Planar UltraRes Touch 3D includes six simultaneous touch points, 420-nit brightness, and flawless 2D and 3D viewing. It’s the ideal model for customers who work with 3D and 2D visual information for big data analysis, simulation and a range of uses in the design industry.
Planar UltraRes Touch is available immediately through Planar’s global network of authorized resellers. Please visit Booth #3143 at InfoComm 2013 to learn more about the Planar UltraRes Touch and see a demo. Visit the Planar UltrarRes Series page for additional information.
- Trackback Link
- Post has no trackbacks.
- AMX, Savant and Crestron Modules Available for Clarity Matrix LCD Video Wall and Planar UltraRes Series
- Planar Announces Next Generation Clarity Matrix LCD Video Wall System
- NetFlix 4K Content for Planar UltraRes Series
- Finding 4K: Finding 4k Reference Content for the Planar UltraRes and Clarity Matrix LCD Video Walls
- Finding 4K
- Runco Xtreme Projection X200i Wows Visitors at CEDIA 2013
- Planar Provides Code for Easy Integration in a Savant Automation System
- LS12HBd Earns TOP PICK from Sound and Vision at CEDIA 2013
- Top Ten Workplace Movies
- I See You
Explore the Magic of Runco
News & Events
17-Sep-2013 - Runco’s best-selling LightStyle™ Series taken to new heights of brightness and scale, offering an affordable big screen video experience in virtually any room of th..... more ▶
06-Sep-2012 - This exciting new lineup boasts high-performing video performance coupled with installation flexibility and 3D capabilities at an exceptional value. Indianapolis, IN &ndas..... more ▶