This Minute at Runco
Posted by Jennifer B. Davis
Have you been poisoned by bad 3D? The headaches, nausea, dizziness and eye fatigue that often accompanies 3D viewing on popular 3D TVs or 3D projectors are symptoms of poisoning. It is in fact your body recognizing something toxic and reacting appropriately. Your body is designed to react this way. Your body thinks bad 3D is poisonous.
Alternatively, your body is built to view 3D. With the exception of a small percentage of the population with significant vision issues (serious astigmatism or brain damage for instance), most of us can perceive depth. This ability allows us to walk, drive cars or bikes, play sports, and maintain a safe distance from walls and other hazards. Depth perception is a safety feature and a lifestyle enabler of the human anatomy and is wondrous thing.
3D projection done right works with your body, not against it to create compelling 3D. See our previous post about our Constant Stereoscopic Video™ (CSV) 3D approach in our 3Dimension™ Series of products, including the Runco D-73d 3D projector, which was recognized as the CEDIA New Product of the Year and the CE PRO Best Product of the Year.
- Trackback Link
- Post has no trackbacks.
- Final Thumbs Up
- Unbelievable Home Cinema in Greece
- Planar Releases 3D BIM Models of LCD Displays and Video Walls through Autodesk Seek
- Spring Break Movie List
- Theo Kalomirakis: Of Movie Palaces and Home Theaters
- Planar UltraRes Displays Bring 4K Clarity to Professional Applications
- Pulse Marketing Showcases X-200i Projector at the Gadget Show with 20th Century Fox
- Behind the Scenes of Our Favorite Movie Effects
- Sound Design features Runco and Planar displays in new showroom
- Runco Signature Cinema Projectors Bring Movie Theater 3D to the Home
Explore the Magic of Runco
News & Events
06-Sep-2012 - This exciting new lineup boasts high-performing video performance coupled with installation flexibility and 3D capabilities at an exceptional value. Indianapolis, IN &ndas..... more ▶
06-Sep-2012 - Award-winning portfolio includes two new models with patented performance at never-before-achieved price points. Indianapolis, IN – CEDIA Expo 2012 Booth 3531 –..... more ▶