This Minute at Runco
May 10, 2011
I was reading a post from a favorite blogger of mine recently who referenced an interview with furniture designer, George Nakashima. He lamented that “it requires a genuine fight to product one well-designed object of relatively permanent value.” This is so true.
At Runco we take pride in our craftsmanship, even if that means that things take a bit longer to deliver than big-box commodity equivalents (something George called “the flood of consumer goods” in 1962). It takes a genuine fight to defend the simplicity, the quality, and the uncommon performance of great design.
George’s designs are very organic, reusing bits of wood to create profiles inspired by nature. We use materials like metal, glass, and, of course, elegant designs of our circuit boards and software to create well-designed objects that have distinct value. While electronics aren’t permanent, due to evolving standards and innovations over time, a Runco product does reflect the passion of our clients and customers for the fight for excellence.
- Trackback Link
- Post has no trackbacks.
- Final Thumbs Up
- Unbelievable Home Cinema in Greece
- Planar Releases 3D BIM Models of LCD Displays and Video Walls through Autodesk Seek
- Spring Break Movie List
- Theo Kalomirakis: Of Movie Palaces and Home Theaters
- Planar UltraRes Displays Bring 4K Clarity to Professional Applications
- Pulse Marketing Showcases X-200i Projector at the Gadget Show with 20th Century Fox
- Behind the Scenes of Our Favorite Movie Effects
- Sound Design features Runco and Planar displays in new showroom
- Runco Signature Cinema Projectors Bring Movie Theater 3D to the Home
Explore the Magic of Runco
News & Events
06-Sep-2012 - This exciting new lineup boasts high-performing video performance coupled with installation flexibility and 3D capabilities at an exceptional value. Indianapolis, IN &ndas..... more ▶
06-Sep-2012 - Award-winning portfolio includes two new models with patented performance at never-before-achieved price points. Indianapolis, IN – CEDIA Expo 2012 Booth 3531 –..... more ▶