This Minute at Runco
Dazed and Confused
By Pippa Edelen, Runco Marketing
I agree with the Washington Post, which noted that that Dazed and Confused ought to be in a prominent place at the Library of Congress, next to The Godfather, American Graffiti, Citizen Kane and other quintessentially American works. Like all those films, Dazed reflects American culture so well, it becomes part of it. And it’s the only movie I’ve ever seen where I wished I went to high school in a Dallas suburb where seniors initiate freshman with a series of toosh whoopings with a custom paddle.
Debuting my freshman year of college (and just a year too late for us to emulate the “Seniors” shirts and knee socks during my own senior-year brou-ha-ha), Dazed was the one escape that never failed to please. When dollars were scarce among my new college freshman friends, we opted to skip the pizza and hop to the Bijou (a dilapidated church complete with a creepy fellowship courtyard and LED-lights in the fountain). Nearly 20 years later, I can’t skip over this movie when it’s on TV, even though I own the DVD. This is not a cinematic life-changer and watching it at home on a Runco flat screen display with my fridge and microwave close by may actually beat the Bijou in Eugene, OR. And perhaps adding a new twist to this fan favorite? Identifying the huge stars with bit parts in the movie. Can you find Renee Zellweger?Hint, while Wooderson gets older, she stays the same age… Dazed is a definite must watch.
All right, all right, all right…
- Trackback Link
- Post has no trackbacks.
- Final Thumbs Up
- Unbelievable Home Cinema in Greece
- Planar Releases 3D BIM Models of LCD Displays and Video Walls through Autodesk Seek
- Spring Break Movie List
- Theo Kalomirakis: Of Movie Palaces and Home Theaters
- Planar UltraRes Displays Bring 4K Clarity to Professional Applications
- Pulse Marketing Showcases X-200i Projector at the Gadget Show with 20th Century Fox
- Behind the Scenes of Our Favorite Movie Effects
- Sound Design features Runco and Planar displays in new showroom
- Runco Signature Cinema Projectors Bring Movie Theater 3D to the Home
Explore the Magic of Runco
News & Events
06-Sep-2012 - This exciting new lineup boasts high-performing video performance coupled with installation flexibility and 3D capabilities at an exceptional value. Indianapolis, IN &ndas..... more ▶
06-Sep-2012 - Award-winning portfolio includes two new models with patented performance at never-before-achieved price points. Indianapolis, IN – CEDIA Expo 2012 Booth 3531 –..... more ▶