eWaste and Covered Electronic Device Recycling
Thank you for purchasing a Runco home theater video product. Our QuantumColor, 3Dimension, Signature Cinema, Reflection Series, VideoExtreme series, and Vistage panels feature recyclable materials like metal and glass, instead of the more common plastic.
Additionally, all of our products conform to RoHS standards and the award-winning Q-750 and D-73d and Q-1500d projectors feature the InfiniLight LED illumination system, which exceeds Energy Star® requirement for televisions and monitors, has no lamps to replace, no mercury, and 70% lower power usage than other products.
As a convenience to our customers and in accordance to guidelines in many US states, we offer selected take-back or recycling programs for products that are at the end of their service life. However, we invite you to first consider donating operable electronics and computer products in good condition to non-profit organizations, like schools, who may put them to good use. There are a number of national re-use organizations that may be interested in your products. Tax deductions may apply (see your tax adviser). These organizations include the following:
- The Elf Foundation: www.elfsystems.org
- National Cristina Foundation: www.cristina.org
- Gifts in Kind International: www.giftsinkind.org
- Collective Good Foundation: www.collectivegoodfoundation.org/
- Electronic Industries Alliance: www.eiae.org/links/donation.cfm
- Recycles.org Equipment Donation: www.recycles.org/donate.php
- Operation Homelink: www.operationhomelink.org
- Computers4Kids: www.c4k.org
- Lazarus Foundation (Baltimore/Washington Metro): www.lazarus.org
- Computer Recycling Center (California): www.crc.org
- Educational Assistance Ltd: www.inventorydonations.org
Local Government Recycling
In the following states, please contact your local county recycling office or state department of health or environmental protection for information on disposal of equipment. There may be no charge to you and there may be local drop-off locations in your city or county for your added convenience. Some local authorities organize special collection events in the community:
- Alberta, Canada: www.albertarecycling.ca
- California, USA: www.ciwmb.ca.gov/Electronics
- Connecticut, USA: www.ct.gov/dep/cwp/view.asp?a=2714&q=397480&depNav_GID=1645
- Illinois, USA: Let’s Get Rid Of Electronic Waste In Illinois (PDF, 42kb)
- Maine, USA: www.maine.gov/dep/rwm/ewaste or www.maine.gov/dep/rwm/ewaste
- Maryland, USA: www.mde.state.md.us/Programs/LandPrograms/recycling
- Michigan, USA: www.michigan.gov/deq
- Minnesota, USA: www.pca.state.mn.us/oea/stewardship
- North Carolina, USA: www.p2pays.org/electronics
- Oklahoma, USA: www.deq.state.ok.us/factsheets/land/ecycle.pdf
- Oregon, USA: www.deq.state.or.us/lq/ecycle
- Washington, USA: www.ecy.wa.gov/programs/swfa/eproductrecycle
Remote Recycling – Take-Back Programs
Customers in Maryland, Oklahoma, Texas, West Virginia, and municipalities not specifically mentioned above can use our take-back program by completing the form below. You can recycle your flat panel display products at no charge to you.
Upon completion of the form, you will be sent an eWaste return authorization number (eWasteRMA) via email. Please pack up your flat panel display product for shipment, along with a hard copy of the email you receive including your eWaste RMA number and a copy of your original proof of purchase, indicating the state in which the purchase was made (if available, but not required), and return to Runco. The address to which you ship the goods will be provided in the email you receive upon successful completion of the form below – return location will vary depending on where you are located.
Note: If you were not issued a pre-paid shipping call tag at the time you were issued an eWasteRMA number, please call (toll-free) 1-866-204-3966 with your eWaste RMA number. You can package the display and drop them off at any UPS store location. Some state regulations require residents to pay shipping fees for e-waste take-back. Check with your local government authorities for details about your responsibilities.
If you have any questions, please call us (toll-free) at 1-866-204-3966 for further assistance.
Runco will not dispose of covered devices in landfills or knowingly transfer covered devices to computer equipment recycling facilities that dispose of covered devices in landfills, other than necessary incidental disposal in de minimis amounts.
Live from the Runco blog
High performance, ultra-short throw projection brings superior viewing in any setting with the LS-100dFriday, September 16, 2011
Runco is proud to expand its best-selling LightStyle™ Series projectors, with the new LS-100d. Runco’s LS-100d with NEAR (Next generation Extreme Aligned Reflection™) ultra-short throw lens system delivers a stunning 92-inch diagonal image that fits any home theater setting. This clever industrial design allows incredible installation flexibility with a depth of only 18-inches. The LS-100d mounts flush to the screen wall and can be mounted above, or below the screen.
With Runco’s Infinilight™ lampless LED illumination technology, this projector boasts a 70% power savings and requires little maintenance. The LS-100d ships with Runco’s advanced Vivix™ digital video processing to enhance picture quality from standard video sources.
For more info on the Runco LS-100d, click here.
- Trackback Link
- Post has no trackbacks.